The CSIR Madras Complex Library (CMCL) is the Central Library of the Regional Centres of Five National Laboratories of CSIR viz.
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi
- Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani
- Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO), Chandigarh
- National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur
- National Metallurgical Laboratory (NML), Jamshedpur
It is a specialized Library catering mainly to the scientists engaged in R&D activities in various areas of Engineering and Technology. Besides, it meets the information needs of the research scholars and trainees of other research institutions and industrial establishments located in and around Chennai.
CMCL has a total area of 450 sq. m with 150 sq. m. of reading area and 150 sq. m of stack area.
CMCL, besides maintaining an excellent collection of the latest books on S&T, also maintains many reference books and standards etc.
The latest library holdings are:
Books : 16070
Back Volumes : 9853
Subscribed Periodicals : 22
The main functions of CMCL include CAS, ILL, Bibliographic and Reference Service, Reprography service. The documents are catalogued as per ALA rules and classified using UDC. A List of additions of books/journals is being brought out annually. The number of registered users are 600. The volume of circulation is about 25 documents per day.
Working Hours: (Mon to Fri)
For Study and Reference: 9 am to 5.30 pm
Issues/Return: 9.30 am to 5 pm
This library has been automated by M/s AutoLib Software Systems, Chennai.