- CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute - Chennai Centre. CSIR Madras Complex.
- +91-44-22544569 (O)
- M. E (Power System Engineering) – Annamalai University, Chidambaram (2012-2014)
- B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) - Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (2008-2012)
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Solving and analyzing the circuit’s simulation, control system design and stability analysis.
- Development of 12kW PV connected energy (Li-Ion battery) storage distribution system and micro grid short circuit studies.
- Design, Integration and Prototyping of Li-ion Batteries and Packs for Energy Storage, EVs and Consumer applications.
- Design and Development of Battery Management System.
- Scientist - CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute,Chennai - Aug 2018- Till date
- Project Associate - Central Power Research Institute,Bangalore - Sep 2017- Aug 2018
- Electrical Engineer - Yashika Industry,Chennai - Feb 2017– Sep 2017
- Electrical Engineer - Santriya Technologies, Chennai - Nov 2015 – Feb 2017
- Assistant Professor -Karpaga Vinayaga College of Eng & Tech,Chennai - June 2014 – Nov 2015
- Design and Development of 1 kWh solar energy storage system using commercial Li-ion battery cells. (2018-2020) Role: Principal Investigator, Funded by: CSIR-CECRI, India
- Development and Demonstration of An Adaptive Protection Scheme for Distribution Systems Under High Penetration Of Distributed Energy Resources. (2017-2018) Role: Project Associate, Funded by: CPRI, Minister of Power Government of Indi
- Hemavathi S, K.Nithiyananthan, “DC to DC Energy Conversion using Novel loaded Resonant Converter” International Journal of Power Control and Computation (IJPCSC), 2015, Vol 7. No.2, pp.113-122.
- Hemavathi S “Cloud Computing and Power Systems Applications - an overview”, Advances In Natural And Applied Sciences, 2017 May 11(7), pp. 118-125
- Hemavathi S, Manohar Singh, “Microgird Short Circuit Studies”, IEEE Xplore, May 2019, pp. 1-6.
Papers presented in International Conferences:
- Hemavathi S, K.Nithiyananthan, “Cloud Computing and Power Systems Applications - an overview”, International Conference on Standards for Engineering and Management (ICSEM 2017) IIRDEM, March 2017, Chennai, India.
- Hemavathi S, Manohar Singh, “Microgird Short Circuit Studies”, 2018 IEEE 8th Power India International Conference (PIICON), Dec 10-12, 2018, NIT Kurukshetra, India.
- Hemavathi S, Dr. V. Rajini, M. PremKarthick, Anuvarshini S.R, E. Monisha, Iswarya .M, “MATLB/Simulink Modeling of NMC cathode material combination of Li-ion Battery Cell”, 5th Intinational Conference of Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES), Feb 21-22, 2019, SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, India.