- CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute - Chennai Centre. CSIR Madras Complex.
- +91-44-22544569 (O)
- Ph.D (Engineering Sciences) - Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh (2019-till date) Guide : Dr. A. S. Prakash, Principal Scientist. CSIR CECRI-Madras unit Co-Guide : Dr. Srirama Srinivas - IITM - Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- M. E (Power System Engineering) – Annamalai University, Chidambaram (2012-2014)
- B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) - Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (2008-2012)
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Li-ion Batteries and Packs for Energy Storage -EVs and Consumer applications.
- Battery Management System(BMS) and Battery Thermal Management System(BTMS)
- PV connected energy (Li-Ion battery) BESS, ESS storage distribution system and Micro grid short circuit studies.
- Electric Vehicle, Hybrid Energy power Generation, Hybrid Effective and effectiveness solution.
- Wireless Charging and EV charger - Static and Dynamic
- Sustainable Energy - Renewable Energy(Solar, Wind)
- EV Recycling and Battery Recycling .
- Scientist - CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute,Chennai - Aug 2018- Till date
- Assistant Professor - Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research 2019- Till date Chennai
- Project Associate - Central Power Research Institute,Bangalore - Sep 2017- Aug 2018
- Electrical Engineer - Yashika Industry,Chennai - Feb 2017– Sep 2017
- Electrical Engineer - Santriya Technologies, Chennai - Nov 2015 – Feb 2017
- Assistant Professor -Karpaga Vinayaga College of Eng & Tech,Chennai - June 2014 – Nov 2015
- Design and development of Indigenous Smart Battery Management System for Energy Storage and E-vehicle applications. (2020-Till date) Role: Principal Investigator, Funded by: CSIR-CECRI, India. Role: Principal Investigator, Funded by: CSIR-CECRI, India
- CSIR Innovation Centre for Next Generation Energy Storage Solutions. (2020-Till date) Role: Team Member, Funded by: CSIR, India
- Design and development of Battery Management System for Li-ion battery pack in Hybrid Energy Storage System. (2019-2020)
- Design and Development of 1 kWh solar energy storage system using commercial Li-ion battery cells. (2018-2020) Role: Principal Investigator, Funded by: CSIR-CECRI, India
- Development and Demonstration of an Adaptive Protection Scheme for Distribution Systems under High Penetration of Distributed Energy Resources. (2017-2018) Role: Project Associate, Funded by: CPRI, Minister of Power Government of India.
|Journal||Books Chapter||Books||Conference||Invited Talk|
- Hemavathi S, K.Nithiyananthan, “DC to DC Energy Conversion using Novel loaded Resonant Converter” International Journal of Power Control and Computation (IJPCSC), 2015, Vol 7. No.2, pp.113-122
- Hemavathi S “Cloud Computing and Power Systems Applications - an overview”, Advances In Natural And Applied Sciences, 2017 May 11(7), pp. 118-125
- Hemavathi S, Manohar Singh, “Microgird Short Circuit Studies”, IEEE Xplore, May 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Hemavathi S, “Overview of cell balancing methods for Li-ion battery technology”, Energy Storage, Wiley, 2021, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 1-12
- Hemavathi S, “Modeling of analog battery management system for single cell lithium ion battery”, Energy Storage, Wiley, 2020, Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp. 1-9.
- Yogini Dilip Borole1, Manoj Kumar Singh, Arvind Sharma, Hari Kumar Singh, Amarjeet Poonia, Hemavathi S, “Artificial Neural Network-based Advanced Algorithm for New Generation Solar PV Systems”, Journal of Nuclear Energy Science & Power Generation Technology, 2021, Vol. 10, Issue 10, pp. 1-5.
- Hemavathi S, Archana Nanoty, MK Singh, Atul Katiyar, RP Manohar, Shweta Chourasia, “Power Quality Issues in Autonomous Solar Photovoltaic Utility Microgrid Employing A STATCOM based Intelligent Controller”, Journal of Nuclear Energy Science & Power Generation Technology, 2021, Vol. 10, Issue 10, pp. 1-5.
- U. Surya Kameswari, B. Srinivasa Rao, Suma Sira Jacob, Koteswararao Kattepogu, Geethika Penmetsa, Hemavathi S, “A Hybrid Machine Learning and Data Mining-Based Marketing Decision Support System”, Design Engineering, 2021, Vol 2021, Issue 07, pp. 11444 – 11454
Books Chapter and Books
- Hemavathi S, “Modeling and Estimation of Lithium ion battery state of charge using intelligent techniques”, Advances in Power and Control Engineering, Book Series: Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Chapter 12, Vol. 609, pp 157-172, 2019.
- Hemavathi S, “Modeling and Energy Optimization of Hybrid Energy Storage System”, Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems, Book Series: Advances In Renewable Energy, Chapter 4, pp. 97-114, 2021.
- Hemavathi S, “Li-ion Battery Health Estimation based on Battery Internal Impedance Measurement”, Innovations in Sustainable Energy and Technology, Book Series: Advances In Sustainability Science And Technology, Edition No. 1, Chapter 17, pp. 183-193, 2021.
- Aditya C. R, Chandra Sekhar Kolli, Korla Swaroopa, Hemavathi S, Dr. Santosh Karajgi, “Deploying deep learning Model on Google cloud platform for disease prediction”, Book Series: EAI Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing
- Gurupranes SV, S. Senthil Rajan, Hemavathi S, C.K. Arvinda Pandian, “Nano Material and Nano Composite”, Jeyalakshmi Publication, Madurai, ISBN:
- M. Manikandan, S. Gopal Reddy, Hemavathi S, P. Marimuthu, “Electrical protection system”
- Pulasasu Sudhakar, Yogini Dilip Borole, Hemavathi S, Anurag Shrivastava “Autonomous Microgrid operation protection & control “, INSC international Publisher IIP, ISBN: 978-1-68576-093-9
Santhosha D, Hemavathi S, Sanjiv Kumar Jain, “Standalone Solar Photovoltaic Energy Management System” INSC international Publisher IIP, ISBN: 978-1-68576-115-8