Dr. G. SARAVANAN
- Chemistry Department, CSIR-NEERI, Chennai Zonal Centre, CSIR Madras Complex,
- Off: 044-22544668
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Area of Scientific Interest
- Awards and Honors
- Invited Lectures
- B. Sc. (Chemistry) (Krishnagiri Arts College, University of Madras, India)
- M. Sc. (Physical Chemistry) (University of Madras, India)
- M. S (Physical Chemistry) (Shinshu University, Japan)
- Ph.D (Physical Chemistry) (Shinshu University, Japan)
- Senior Scientist: CSIR-NEERI, Chennai Zonal Centre (June, 2016 – Till date)
- Scientist Fellow: CSIR-NEERI, Nagpur (April, 2013 – May 2016)
- Research Scientist: Kanagawa University, Japan (Sep, 2012 – March, 2013)
- Research Scientist: National Institute for Materials Science, Japan (April, 2009 – August, 2012)
- Research Associate: Keio University, Japan (April, 2008 – March, 2009)
Area of Scientific Interest
Broad Area: Energy and Environmental remediation Materials
- Development of catalysts for automobile exhaust purification and Indoor air purification
- Development of electrode catalysts for cleaner energy generation using fuel cells
- Water and waste water treatment
- Development of oxygen carriers for carbondioxide capture and sequestration
- Characterization studies of emissions, river sediments, raw-materials for fire crackers
- Expert member for NGT hearings
Awards and Honors
- Monbu-kagakusho Fellow - Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Japan, 10, 2002 – 03, 2008
- Awarded as “Best Young Scientist” at “International Conference on Applications of Advanced Materials for Sustainable Development” held at Nagpur, India.
- Visiting Scientist – Kanagawa University, Yokohama, Japan.
- Awarded under Fast Track Scheme for Young Scientist
- 1. 92nd Spring Meeting, The Chemical Society of Japan, held on 2528-3-2012 at KeioUniversity, Yokohama, Japan. Invited Lecture entitled “Intermetallic Pt3Ti Nanoparticles: Efficient Catalytic Centers for Exhaust Purification and Energy Applications”.
- 2. Tropo Mass Spectrometry (TMS) symposium held on 26th Jan 2013 at Kanagawa University, Japan. Invited lecture entitled “Efficient approaches for the reduction in the amounts of platinum towards exhaust purification and fuel cell applications”.
- 3. 16th National Workshop on “Catalysis for Sustainable Development” held on 4~5-2-2014 at CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI), Nagpur, India. Invited Lecture entitled “Efficient methods for the reduction in the amounts of platinum for catalytic applications”
- 4. Self-sponsored workshop at VNIT-Nagpur. Invited lecture entitled “Spectral Data Analysis and Spectral Interpretation for Structure Elucidation”
- 5. Short Terms Training Program (STTP) on “Advances in Separation Technology” entitled “Separation Techniques and Their Importance for Energy and Environmental-related Applications”
- 6. NATIONAL SEMINAR ON RECENT ADVANCES IN CHEMISTRY (NSRAC)-2019, Nano Platinum-based Intermetallic or Alloy Catalysts: Sustainable Option for Energy and Environmental Remediation Applications
- 7. Delivered inaugural address (Scientium 2020) on Science day (28-02-2020) at Kongu Eng. College, Tamilnadu
- 8. Delivered Invited Lecture on Advanced Materials for Environmental Remediation Applications in A two-day-National Level Seminar on Urban Pollution, Environment and Health (UPEH) at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Tamilnadu, 2020.
- 9. Delivered Invited Lecture on Engineered Surfaces for Energy and Environmental Remediation Applications in National Level Webinar Series on Recent Trends in Applied sciences at Tamilnadu Open University, Chennai. 2021.
- 10. Delivered Invited Lecture on Platinum Group Metals-based Nanoalloys as Low-cost Promising Alternatives for Indoor and Outdoor Applications in 12th International Conference (Virtual) on Advancements in Polymeric Materials 9-13, Mar. 2021.
- 11. Delivered Invited Lecture on Environmental Remediation Materials for Sustainable Developments in FDP, Adhiyamaan College of Eng., 04 Aug. 2021.
- 1. Labhasetwar Nitin Kumar, Govindachettey Saravanan, Rakesh Kumar, Khobragade Rohini Ashokrao “Development of substituted perovskites for diesel soot oxidation and process for the preparation thereof” 0186NF2017, 21st Nov. 2017 (Filed)
- 2. Hideki Abe, Francis Malar Auxilia, Shinsuke Ishihara, Toyokazu Tanabe, Saravanan Govindachetty, Gubbala Venkata Ramesh, Toru Hara, Ya Xu, Shunichi Hishita, Katsuhiko Ariga Self-assembled single crystalline petal-like nanostructured catalyst and its preparation JP 2012-115599, May 21, 2012 (Filed)
- 3. Abe Hideki; Noor Akmal Phadil; Murakami Hideyuki; Yoshikawa Hideki; Yamashita Yoshiyuki; Ueda Shigenori; Tanabe Toyokazu; Gubbala Venkata Ramesh; Saravanan Govindachetty Oxidation-resistant NiAl nanoparticle and method of producing the same, and oxidation-resistant NiAl nanoparticle-containing Bond coat layer JP6099251, Mar 3, 2017. (Granted)
- 4. Abe Hideki; Noor Akmal Phadil; Murakami Hideyuki; Yoshikawa Hideki; Yamashita Yoshiyuki; Ueda Shigenori; Tanabe Toyokazu; Gubbala Venkata Ramesh; Saravanan Govindachetty, Ishihara Shinsuke, Ariga Katsuhiko Small Diameter Ni3C Nanoparticle And Production Method Of The Same JP5991670, Aug 26, 2016. (Granted)
- 5. Hideki Abe, Hideyuki Murakami, Fadil Nor Akmal, Saravanan Govindachetty, Toyokazu Tanabe, Gubbala Venkata Ramesh Electroless plating in non-aqueous solutions JP 2012-115600, May 21, 2012 (Filed)
- 6. Hideki Abe, Saravanan Govindachetty, Toru Hara, Hideki Yoshikawa, Yoshiyuki Yamashita, Shigenori Ueda, Keisuke Kobayashi Preparation of electrode catalyst comprising of nanoparticles encapsulated dendrimer and their assembly JP 2012-090413, Apr 11, 2012. (Filed)
- 7. Abe Hideki; Francis Malar Auxilia; Ishihara Shinsuke; Tanabe Toyokazu; Saravanan Govindachetty; Venkata Ramesh Gubbala; Hara Toru; Kyo Tsugi; Hishida Shunichi; Ariga Katsuhiko Single nanocrystal board-accumulative catalyst JP6099238, Mar 3, 2017. (Granted)
- 8. Hideki Abe, Ya Xu, Yoko Mitarai, Nobuaki Sekido, Saravanan Govindachetty Exhaust gas cleaning catalyst and method of manufacturing the same JP5798425, Aug 28, 2015. (Granted)
- 9. Hideki Abe, Saravanan Govindachetty, Katsuhiko Ariga Metallic cells JP5818244, Oct 9, 2015. (Granted)
- 10. Hideki Abe, Saravanan Govindachetty, Toru Hara, Hideki Yoshikawa, Keisuke Kobayashi, Yoshiyuki Yamashita, Shigenori Ueda Preparation of Strongly Fluorescent Nanoparticles Encapsulated Dendrimer JP 5728780, Apr 17, 2015. (Granted)
- 11. Hideki Abe, Ya Xu, Yoko Mitarai, Nobuaki Sekido, Saravanan Govindachetty, Shin-ichi Matsumoto, Hirohito Hirata, Supported catalyst JP 5623070, Oct 3, 2014. (Granted)
- 1. Low-cost, Nano-Intermetallic / Alloy Catalysts as Promising Alternative to Expensive Platinum Catalyst for Fuel Cells (PI) Science and Engineering Research Board, India
- 2. Development of Low-cost Oxidation Catalysts for Diesel Exhaust Emission Control (Co-PI) Science and Engineering Research Board, India
- 3. Development of Novel Perovskite materials as a Suitable Candidate for Soot Oxidation (Co-PI) Science and Engineering Research Board, India
- 4. A detail study to understand the non-putrefying property of River Ganga in both water and sediment (Component Lead) NMCG, Ministry of water resources and river rejuvenation
- 5. Raw-material characterization of Fireworks (Component Lead) CSIR
- 6. To prepare an action plan for remediation of entire affected Periyar river bodies/stretches including remediation of polluted stretch (Kuzhikandam Thodu), Kerala, Supervised Committee Member, NGT
- 1. Minimization of the amount of platinum for automobile exhaust treatments through intermetallics based catalysts, (PI) Science and Engineering Research Board, India
- 2. Low-cost and shape-tailored Nano-catalysts for Volatile Organic Compounds Emission control (PI) Nano mission/ Department of Science and Technology
- 3. Water quality monitoring and sediment analysis for the Ganga River from Gomukh to Gangasagar (Team Member) NMCG, Ministry of water resources and river rejuvenation
- 4. TapCoal Project under 12th Five Year Plan. CSIR Network Project (Development of new/modified materials with high oxygen carrying capacity for chemical looping combustion (CLC). (Co-PI) CSIR-Network project CSC-0102
Lifetime membership in
- CATALYSIS SOCIETY OF INDIA
- Research Council (RC) Member for Tamilnadu Open University