Dr C KUMARAVELU
Senior Principal Scientist & Scientist-in-charge
- 044 - 2254 4580
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Patents, Technology Transfer etc
- Ph.D., (Electrical Engineering), Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
Dissertation Title: "Studies on Non-Destructive Quality Evaluation for Selected Agro Based Materials Using Multivariate Analysis".
- M.S. (By Research in Electrical Engineering) - Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai.
- B.Tech., (Electronics) , Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- B.Sc., (Physics), Madras University, Chennai.
- Worked as fellow Scientist in various R&D projects related to pulp and paper industries. Some of his achievements include testing and commissioning of various online sensors for the process automation in the Pulp and Paper Industries, development of a control system for the rubber roll sheller along with Scientist, CSIR-CFTRI, Control and Monitoring the apple sorter system through PLC and HMI station, development of non-destructive measurement system to estimate the Free Fatty Acid (FFA) parameter in edible oil. He has about 12 research publications, published in IEEE journal, national and International conferences , journals and filed two patents.
Areas of Scientific Interest
- His current research interest includes Multivariate analysis for the agro-food industry products for its quality assessment non-destructively using NIR spectroscopy techniques.
- Authentication of Ayurvedic medicine Trikatu Churna using Near Infrared Spectroscopy – A novel approach, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, M.R.K.Rao, A.Ravi, S.Sanjay Kumar and Shil Sampad, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, ISSN No. 2231-6876, Vol.7, issue 11, 2017, 947-953.
- Estimation of Oil content of single cotton seed using NIR spectrometer by Area Under Curve Method, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, A.Ravi, Jayshil Joshi, 978-1-5090-3001-9/17 2017 IEEE.
- Quality Assessment of single cottonseed based on its protein and oil parameters using NIR spectrometer, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, ISSN:0974-2115, vol.10, issue-1, January 2017.
- Detection and quantification of adulteration in honey through Near Infrared Spectroscopy, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, International Journal of Food Properties, 18:1930-1935,2015, Taylor & Francis Group,LLC, ISSN: 1094-2912.
- Quality Evaluation of Honey using Multivariate Analysis, C.Kumaravelu, G.Rajalakshmi, A.Gopal & Prateek Reddy, Middle-East journal of scientific research23 (sensing, signal processing and security),12-17,2015, ISSN 1990-9233.
- Honey quality evaluation and a case study on effect of jaggery adulteration using spectral techniques, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, Pendikanai Nikita, Pranav narayan gour and S.Suganthi, at the Journal of the Instrument Society of India, ISSN 0970-9983 Vol.44, No.2, 2014.
- Seed germination analysis using Image Processing Techniques, C.Kumaravelu, Sharanya Eswaran and A.Gopal, at the Journal of the Instrument Society of India, ISSN 0970-9983 Vol.44, No.4, 2014.
- Studies on Identification of Medicinal Plant Variety based on NIR Spectroscopy using Plant leaves, P. Kelina Sahaya Rajesh , C. Kumaravelu , A. Gopal , S. Suganthi , IEEE, 97B-1-4573-2818-0/13, 2013.
- A Review on the application of Near-Infrared Spectrometer and chemometrics for the agro-food processing industries, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, IEEE International conference on Technical innovation in ICT for Agriculture and Rural development (TIAR 2015), 978-1-4799-7758-1/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE 8-12.
- Classification of rice varieties using Near-Infrared spectroscopy B.Shenbaga priya, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal & Mrs.Pearley Stanley, IEEE International conference on Technical innovation in ICT for Agriculture and Rural development (TIAR 2015), 978-1-4799-7758-1/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE 13-14.
- Non-invasive Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis using IR and NIR Spectroscopy, Bala Pelala, harsha gavarna, Ashwant kumar, C.Kumaravelu,Vinod scaria, Sridhar sivasubbu, 37th International conference on Infrared,millimeter & Terahertz wawes. 2011, Wollongong Australia.
- Feasibility of Low-cost non-destructive prediction of free fatty acid values of sunflower oil near infrared spectroscopy, V.Venkataraman, R.Sridhar, C.Kumaravelu, P.K.Anil, T.Chinnu, A.G.Gopala Krishna, K.P.Chethan, Sukumar Debnath and B.R.Lokesh, International conference on NIR Spectroscopy, 2010, Bangkok, Thailand.
Patents, Technology Transfer etc
- 1.Patent No. 0194NF2011, “On-line process analysis through Near Infrared Spectroscopy and system for Free Fatty Acid value in edible oil”, V. Venkataraman, R .Sridhar,C .Kumaravelu, P K Anil, T.Chinnu, .P.Mohamed, A G Gopala Krishna, K P Chethan, S.Debanth, B.R.I Lokesh, CSIR-CEERI, India
- Patent No. 0130NF2014, “Non-Destructive method for testing the viability of individual cotton seed using NIR Spectroscopy”, C.Kumaravelu, A.Gopal, A.Ravi, CSIR-CEERI, India.