- CSIR-CSIO Chennai Centre CSIR Madras Complex, Taramani Chennai-600113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Patent and Technology Transferred
- B.Tech (Electrical & Electrical Engineering)- (2008-2012)
- M.Tech (Renewable Energy- Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)) (2013-2015)
- PhD (Renewable Energy- Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR))- (2015- perusing)
- Worked as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (8th Aug, 2013 - 7th Aug, 2015)
- Worked as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (8th Aug, 2015 - 9th May, 2017)
- Working as scientist from 12th May, 2017 to till date
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Energy Data Analytics
- Energy Management using Non Intrusive Load Monitoring (NILM) Technique
- Intelligent Building Energy Management System (i-BEMS)
- Power Quality Analyser
- Embedded Systems
- Renewable Energy- Solar Wind Hybrid Control and Monitoring System
Awards & Honours
- Secured All India Rank 99 in CSIR-NET 2013
- Secured 1st rank in department merit list in 3rd year of Engg. Exam
- Achieved 3rd position in the University Merit List in 2012
- 1. Gopinath, R., Mukesh Kumar, C. Prakash Chandra Joshua, and Kota Srinivas. "Energy management using non-intrusive load monitoring techniques-State-of-the-art and future research directions." Sustainable Cities and Society (2020): 102411.
- 2. Gopinath, R., Mukesh Kumar, K. J. Lokesh, and Kota Srinivas. "Performance Analysis of Similar Appliances Identification using NILM Technique under Different Data Sampling Rates." In Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring, pp. 79-83. 2020.
- 3. Gopinath, R., Mukesh Kumar, and Kota Srinivas. "Feature Mapping based Deep Neural Networks for Non-intrusive Load Monitoring of Similar Appliances in Buildings." In Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Buildings, Cities, and Transportation, pp. 262-265. 2020.
- 4. Gopinath, R., Mukesh Kumar. “Building Energy Management System using Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring Technique” poster presented in First conference on deplyoble AI oragnised by IIT Madras, 16th -18th April, 2021.
- 5. S. S. Rauth, K. Srinivas and M. Kumar, "Grid connected PV/wind single stage converter using PR based maximum power flow control," 2017 International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power and Energy ( TAP Energy), Kollam, 2017, pp. 1-7
- 6. S. S. Rauth, K. Srinivas and M. Kumar, " A Proportional Resonant Power Controller and A Combined Amplitude Adaptive Notch Filter with PLL for Better Power Control and Synchronization of Single Phase On Grid Solar Photovoltaic System," 2018 IEEE International conference on Smart Systems and Inventive Technology (ICSSIT 2018), Tirunelveli
- 7. C. Sreevidhya, M. Kumar and K Illango, “Design and Implementation of Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring suing Machine Learning Algorithm for Appliance Monitoring”, 2019 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Technique in Control, Optimization and Signal Processing (INCOS19), Srivilliputtur.
- 8. V. K. Tyagi, M. Kumar and K Illango, “IoT Smart Energy Meter for Remote Control of Loads in a Smart City”, 2019 4th International Conference on Recent Trends on Electronics, Information, Communication & Technology (RTEICT-2019), Bengaluru.
Patent and Technology Transferred
Patent on “A system and method for energy management of identical appliances using Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring Technique” - PCT/IN2021/050145 has been filed by Mukesh Kumar, R. Gopinath, Prakash C Joshua, Srinivas Kota, G.S. Ayyappan and Anand V P
Technology know how on "Building Energy Management System" transfrred to M/s. CHEMIN Controls & Instrumentation Private Limited, Puducherry, India